Source: "What Do We and Our Students Need in Indiana?" -
Recommendations of the Indiana Task Force on Foreign Language Learning
- Start to learn another language.
- Support local language/culture
- Write letters to local school
districts to encourage adding more language education to the curriculum.
- Write senators and congresspersons.
- Volunteer in after-school programs
(either teaching language, tutoring, or helping ESL students).
- Join a local language club.
- Correspond by email with someone from
a different country in your professional field.
- Be a volunteer host for international
visitors (being a host could be as simple as offering dinner hospitality to an
- Get involved in high
school student international exchange programs, helping host parents and
- Rent foreign movies with English
subtitles, and you will train your ears to hear new sounds.
- Study a foreign language in
preparation for travel abroad.