Source: "What Do We and Our Students Need in Indiana?" -
Recommendations of the Indiana Task Force on Foreign Language Learning
- Offer funding to school corporations
that want to explore the possibilities for adding courses in foreign languages,
especially at the middle school level.
- Offer funding to post-secondary
consortia that want to plan alternative ways to develop a pipeline of foreign
language teachers for the state of Indiana.
- Create/support local language/culture
- Develop/support/encourage language programs
within the business (that is, have programs to educate employees in different
- Compose a "mission
statement" or hiring policy that emphasizes the role/importance/value of
multilingual and multicultural employees.
- For universities - develop virtual
- Encourage "Lunch and Learn"
language/cultural awareness programs.
- For large firms
with international employees - encourage "Mix it up"
lunches to foster cultural understanding.
- Be the financial sponsor of an international
teacher for a school corporation having difficulties recruiting/hiring a