Source: "What Do We and Our Students Need in Indiana?" -
Recommendations of the Indiana Task Force on Foreign Language Learning
- Make foreign language part of the
required curriculum in your district, rather than an elective.
- Increase funding for K-8 programs, in
addition to high school programs.
- If teacher shortages cannot be
solved, investigate alternative delivery methods, such as distance learning,
podcasts, and computer-assisted instruction (see, for example, www.bsu.edu/academy/dl/index.htm,
- Understand research findings about
foreign languages and student learning.
- Increase funding for study abroad for
current and future teachers.