- Start as soon as you can to learn another language.
- Study language and cultures outside of school whenever possible.
- Talk with your principal and teachers about adding more languages to the curriculum.
- Start saving/planning now to participate in a study abroad experience.
- Form a language club at school or participate actively in existing clubs.
- Watch and listen to authentic movies/music in another language.
- Locate language and culture materials and resources in your local community.
- Write your state or national legislators and encourage them to support the study of langauges.
- Teach your siblings and parents basic phrases and vocabulary in the language your are studying.