• Make foreign language part of the required curriculum in your district, rather than an elective.
• Increase funding for K-8 programs, in addition to high school programs.
• If teacher shortages cannot be solved, investigate alternative delivery methods, such as distance learning, podcasts, and computer-assisted instruction
• Understand research findings about foreign languages and student learning.
• Increase funding for study abroad for current and future teachers.
Source: “What Do We and Our Students Need in Indiana?” – Recommendations of the Indiana Task Force on Foreign Language Learning (2006).